What's the Youth Pastor Thinking?

A blog for two14 Student Minstries Southwest

Wednesday, February 28, 2007

The Spring Bash

Today I had a meeting with Nyke (the Student Ministries Pastor at NW) and Cody (the Youth Pastor at Pflugerville) to discuss the awesomeness that is going to be the Spring Bash. And let me just tell you it is going to be majorly sweet. I'm serious, good times for everyone. I don't think it is possible for you to pack more fun into one night. One thing we were talking about was the prizes we are going to be giving away at one portion of the night and things like $500 dollars in cash and Ipods were brought up. Seriously, I wouldn't miss this for the world. Where else can you see an illusionist, have a chance to win $500, see a good movie, go swimming and then do a little bowling/glow-in-the-dark putt/rock wall climb all in the same night? Only at the Spring Bash my friends, only at the Spring Bash.

I think I am going to be counting down the days to this thing as if it were Christmas itself. If there was a Spring Bash Santa I would go sit on his lap and tell him all about how much I want to win an Ipod and kick Seanzy's rear in some bowling.

Until this fateful day comes though we need to build up to it by inviting everyone we know to come. This is going to be a blast and if you really like your friends you will not want them to miss this. Plus it will give your friends a chance to connect with you and our group and ultimately to Christ and you know they don't want to miss that. So invite your friends. I have about 400 invitations in my office right now just waiting for you to pass out to everyone you know. So come and get them. And just to make things interesting I am saying right now that the student who bring the most friends to the Spring Bash gets a $150 Simon Gift Card. Yeah, you read that right. $150 bucks. Just for inviting your friends to something you know they want to go to already. How sweet it is.

Oh yeah, and since I have to be Howie Mendel for the Deal or No Deal Game I am going to shave my head bald if our group brings more than 160 people. That is a lot of people, but if you do it, then off goes my hair.

So that is what I am thinking about and my guess is, now it is what you are thinking about too.

6 comments:

cowgirl said...

haha if you want to see the girls explination of sunday it is on my blog. and i can't wait for the spring bash this is my favorite part well i guess two parts
1 we are going with the other churches

2 we are going to go to main event

Anonymous said...

Can't wait boss- gonna be some good times.

Anonymous said...

Yeah, and that Cody guy is a madman. That retreat was quite an experience, so if he is going to be at this thing- it's going to be interesting.

Seanzy said...

I hate to say it, but A.J. and I are gonna have to miss out on this one due to a prior Father/Son weekend activity of our own. I should imagine that it will be a blast and everyone will be glad they attend.

faith said...

dude, do you think it is going to be hard to connect with our friends if there is aproximately 3000 other kids in the same vicinity? not that it will not be the most insanely sweet event in the history of insanely sweet events...just that it might be a little...deafening. ?

Jonathan said...

We are going to be with the other churches??? Wow. That is like.... a lot more people. Hmmm.... interesting...