So here are some things that I want to know and the person who fills this out and gives the best answers will win a $15 gift certificate to the store of your choice. This is how the answers will be judged:
* Your answers have to answer the question
* Honest answers get points
* Honest answers that are also funny get extra points
* Creative answers get points
So having laid the ground rules here are the questions:
1. Name?
2. Grade?
3. Birthday?
4. Favorite food?
5. Favorite Sports Teams?
6. Hated Sports Teams?
7. If you could hang out with anyone alive today it would be...
8. If you could change your name right now you what name would you choose for yourself?
9. Have you ever read an entire book?
10. What is your favorite book?
11. What is your favorite game? (PS2, 360...)
12. What was the last song you sang when no one else was around?
13. Who is your favorite band or musician?
14. If you could have a shopping spree to any store which one would it be?
15. What is something that really irritates you?
16. What is the best day of the year?
17. What is your favorite tv show?
18. What is your favorite thing about church?
19. What is your least favorite thing about church?
20. What has been your favorite series Jake has taught? And Why?
(Examples: Fool Proof, Unwrapping Jesus, And You Think You've Got It Bad, Prayer, Are the Gospels Reliable?)
Alright, there it is, bring on the answers.
Jake
Monday, April 17, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
12 comments:
1. Seanzy....CHYEA!
2. Fish
3. September 19
4. Man, when I cut weight, I first think of french toast!
5. I'd have to say the Packers, Spurs, and the Cowboys before they got T.O...now I'm just dissapointed
6. Ever since they got T.O. it's hard to enjoy the Cowboys, but without a doubt the Lakers all my all time most hated team.
7. Wow, well, I always thought Bill Cosby would be a cool guy to meet, and probably Ben Stiller-you know, so that he could show me some male-model moves for my desired career.
8. If I was German it'd be Hans Hooganoff, but since I'm not, I'd have to say Rico Suave, or even Julio.
9. One time I read 'The Cat in the Hat at my peak', since then I've told myself I have.
10. Ever since I read 'Blue Like Jazz' I've been upsessed with it, and then there's another really good one by Cosby called 'I am what I at...and I am frightened', and that was a great one too.
11. Tough one, but I'd have to say anything war related, so how about 'Call of Duty'.
12. I sing when people are around, I'm in 3 freaken choirs. But the last one I say was 'Sometimes you can't make it on your own' by U2.
13. Wow, tough call between Crowder and Switchfoot.
14. Well, Hollister and Aeropostale have cool close, so those places, and I'd probably hit up Cinnabon for sure.
15. Serving sizes on food. Like on a Fig Newton it's only two cookies. What the heck is that?
16. Last day of school when you can still see your friends, but only have a few more tests and you can just have a good time.
17. This is where my manhood gets questioned, but I will admit, I watch 'Smallville' prety religiously, and I love 'American Idol'. Occasionally I check out '24'.
18. The fact that people are actually real and not fake like at other churches I've been to.
19. Gosh, when that one guy Jake Box starts talking...I mean, who does he think he is?
20. I can't say 'Are the Gospels Reliable?' just yet, but that's a great one. Hmm, I'd have to say 'And you think you've got it bad' was so far my favorite.
-Sorry, I forgot one of the answers so I had to fix it. Mine was first though!
1. Colin
2. 9th
3. Today! (seriously)
4. Gobstoppers, oh... and lettuce wraps! Gobstoppers and lettuce wraps...mmm.
5. US Air Force (okay, so the team stinks, but why do I care?)
6. UT- why else do you think their mascot has horns? Evil!
7. Apparently TobyMacs pretty cool. But I dunno, I'm thinking I'd want to hang out with the Fresh Prince- Will Smith.
8. Hmm... I'd kind of like to be called Jake. Okay, actually I like Akbar Shabaz Jenkins myself.
9. What? Of course I have! Is this a trick question? What, you thought that I was too nerdy to read a book so you threw this one in here!
10. Of any book, the Bible (honestly). Like a fiction book, probably LOTR.
11. Either Halo or Call of Duty 2, as long as it's not for Xbox. I'm thinking once we have a two14 game, my feelings about video games will be forever changed.
12. One is the loneliest number that you'll ever do...!
13. Probably Switchfoot, but MercyMe as a songwriter and vocalist.
14. BestBuy all the way.
15. People chewing gum really loudly.
16. Usually the last day of school. Firends and no homework- works for me!
17. 24 and Mythbusters.
18. The people and the fact that it's not boring to learn things.
19. Cough, cough- Jake's sermons, achoo- sorry, I sneezed. What I said was that I'm not too crazy about breaking bones.
20. I liked unwrapping Jesus. It's cool to think as Jesus in a different way now. We found out that He went to parties, joked and was just an overall cool guy, not just some deep philosopher using big words all the time (sort of reminds me of someone else... hmmm?)
And thus I leave you with my answers. See ya!
OK, this is from Faith....what is a blogger? Doesn't sound very nice. I have no earthly idea.....
1. Well, I am not entirely sure what my name is. However, people have called me faith franklin mostly since I was born. But I have also heard things like sistary, sugar, sweetie pie, and various things from my brothers that I won't mention. How does one know one's own name for sure unless they have seen their birth certificate? I protest this question, too general.
2. Uh, what are we grading? My answers will get an A++ if that is the question. If the question is like, what grade are you in school, I think I am in 7th.
3. The only real way I have to identify my birthday is when people start asking my brother Jake what he wants for his....ours are on the same day, February 5th.
4. My favorite food would have to include pretty much all candy, cookies...uh, I would have to say sugar. Not straight sugar, but almost straight sugar.
5. Well, I suppose that to have a favorite sports team, you would have to actually watch sports, not to mention know enough to care - which I don't. Hm. Sorry, no favorites besides the OBVIOUS ONES, which I will not mention because I would like to win and I know that the person who gave this survey is not completely objective about sports teams, like, say I said the Longhorns - which I didn't.
6. Can't answer this one, don't really know anything about sports.
7. Hm, I dunno. I guess that would depend on where we would be hanging out...in the rain...of a car on the highway...of a space shuttle....I guess an elephant because if you were in the sun he would shade you and in the rain he would shelter you. OK, for real I would like to hang out with Jesus.
8. Something with those coolio two dots over it, which I can't make on this computer. Urg. But I like my name, it would be the coolest name ever if it had two little dots over it. I also like the name Lizzy, because it has two sweet zs.
9. I haven't ever heard of a book called "an entire book". But it sounds interesting. You will have to let me borrow it, Jake.
10. Probably one of them is Love Among the Walnuts. But that is a tough question. I also like the Choricles of Narnia and The Adventures of Tom Bombadil.
11. Not really applicable. DDR is pretty much the only thing I play. No comment.
12. Softer to Me by ReliantK
13. ReliantK among other things, man I am bad at picking favorites!
14. Maybe Barns and Noble (...to look for An Entire Book?)
15. This keybord coommesd tom myyingd beuasre i sm nor ussed too ti. When you can't understand anyone and especially when they can't understand you!
16. I don't know. Is this a trick question?
17. The Cosby Show or Hogans Heroes.
18. I love that so many people really care about whats going on with you when they say 'how's it going'. And DEFINITELY Jake Box's teaching.
19. Really, Jake Box's teaching covers all the little things that may irritate me - acracrrhhm.
20. Of ALL the MANY MANY serries that I've heard, it would have to be either the prayer one or that last sermon on are the gosples reliable. Although all the others were fantastic.
Well, guess I am done.
1. Jake....uh, Franklin.
2. 9th, I think. um, well, if I was in public school getting my brain fried, yeah, I would be in 9th grade.
3. February 5th. Heh, if you're too lazy to ask me, just ask my sister the same question and you will have your answer: we have the same birthday.
4. B-B-Q *angelic harps and choir play in the background*. Thats right, all Barbecue. Chopped beef, brisket, chicken, ribs, sausage, cream corn, and last but CERTAINLY not least, the sauce. yum....woops I just drooled on the keyboard.
5. Yeah, knew this would be on here. Well I am going to say anything Longhorns because, unlike my sister, I am going to preach the true gosple, or die trying. *neener neener*
6. Anything Aggies or OU. For anything else sports related, I have no opinion.
7. Man....uhmmm....yeah, well....gosh every one alive today is either boring, stupid, or, uh...oh wait, Paul McCartney. Yeah, that would rock.
8. Hahahaha....trick question. Oh wait, you're not joking. Uh, I WOULDN'T. I think my name is pretty much awesome. And it's the same as Box's name. That makes it the best name EVAR!!
9. Uh....heh...nope. Never ever. I taught my self to be the world's most incredible super genius, WITHOUT BOOKS. where do they get these questions..................
10. Anything written by Tolkein or Lewis.
11. hmmmmm.....well as far as hand-to-hand combat, Soul Calliber 1,2 and 3. FPS would be Halo 1,2 and 3 (yeah I know it's not out YET, but I'm going to go out on a limb here). And for RTS, Star Craft of Age 2. Man I'm such a freakin' nerd sometimes...most times.....uh yeah fine, all the time.
12. Well, see I was playing the piano and uh well see I have this song book and uh...I sang 'Welcome to This World' by Chris Rice because I have such great taste for piano music.....
13. My favorite band is Project 86, hands down. I might have picked Becoming the Archetype, which is a new band, christian metal, but I dont have the album yet. My favorite musician is either Victor Wooten, Flea, or Duke Ellington.
14. Guitar Center.
15. Oh man, I don't know why but the thing that absolutely drives me nuts, like to the point where I can't concentrate on breathing, is unnecessary sounds people make when they eat. Like smacking, sloshing, when people think it's necesary to show me what they are eating by chewing with their mouth open, and even loud chewing. You know, when the person next to you thinks that their bite of sandwich needs to be liquified, so they accomplish that by (I am guessing here. At least it sounds like this) collecting their spit in their mouth to help break up the food, and then chew really hard. It sounds like water does when you jump into the bathtub. Yeah call me a freak, but you asked the question and so you got my answer.
16. Call me un....anti....uh...non original (?) but I am going to say Cristmas. Come on, great food, presents, I dont feel like that at any time I might spontaniously comust, no school for at least that day (sometimes my mom might feel evil and start us up again the day after the day afer Christmas. It has never happened, but hey, its not improbable), how can you go wrong?
17. I really dont watch television. Whenever I do, its for Transformers. Beast Wars, Beast Machines, G1, you name it. Transformers.
18. If it's not Phil's teaching, It's Jake's teaching. Ok, Jake's is way better.
19. Troy's teaching. I can't tell you how many times I've sat him down and said "Troy man, Jesus is what saves you, not Crack. Or Weed"
20. I have not been here to hear them all, but, since I can't say all of them, I am going to say 'Are the Gosples Reliable?'. I think that it is way cool to be able to say "Jesus is God, Jesus is real, let me show you how I know this. Isn's my God the coolest?"
1. Name? Danielle Dykhoff
2. Grade?10th
3. Birthday? 2/23
4. Favorite food? cheesecake
5. Favorite Sports Teams? not sure, i guess the spurs, because manu ginobili is totally hot! i love guys with accents!
6. Hated Sports Teams? i don't watch sports 7. If you could hang out with anyone alive today it would be... there are so many famous people i would love to meet, but i would hang out with my friend bryan so that i could influence him spiritually and become better friends 8. If you could change your name right now you what name would you choose for yourself? i've always liked my first name sarah and the last name summers. so, something glamorous like sarah summers.
9. Have you ever read an entire book? of course, what kind of question is that? I don't mean to be mean, but if u haven't read through a whole book you're just stupid.
10. What is your favorite book? I don't mena to be totally romantic but, Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austen. I love happy endings!
11. What is your favorite game? (PS2, 360...) Not much of a "gamer," that is what James calls it, but I do like the cars games like Mignight Club.
Favorite car is a porsche or mercedes benz.
12. What was the last song you sang when no one else was around? "you don't know me" micheal buble. Only the best love song singer ever! That is pronounced "Boo-blay" not bubble.
13. Who is your favorite band or musician? Good Charlotte definately. Except i'm kinda made at Joel, the lead singer, because he is dating hilary duff.
14. If you could have a shopping spree to any store which one would it be?
American eagle, i've never really been able to shop there much because it's expensive, but if someone else was given me the money, i'd go all out, and i love their stuff.
15. What is something that really irritates you? unmatching clothing, i won't even let my 4 year old sister out of the house without matching. Oh, and people who don't wash their hair on a regular basis.
16. What is the best day of the year? the concert of praise because you get to see all the wonderful things we have done i w/in our chiurch association and you get to see all those familiar faces. also, my birthday, it is the one day that it is ALL ABOUT ME! That was very selfish of me, but i need one day to myself.
17. What is your favorite tv show? ER needles, blood, trauma and drama. I love all the doctors and nurses hooking up, it is so unrealistic and totally awesome. It is my escape from reality.
18. What is your favorite thing about church? i am surrounded bu so many wondeful people who have changed my life and have loved me. My relationship with Christ has really blossomed through this church. and the worship becaue i love to sing.
19. What is your least favorite thing about church? getting up early on the weekend. i am not a mornign, i'm sure u know that working with me during the great adventure, my travel cup my weapon of choice.
20. What has been your favorite series Jake has taught? And Why?
(Examples: Fool Proof, Unwrapping Jesus, And You Think You've Got It Bad, Prayer, Are the Gospels Reliable?) i really like the study we are doing so far. it was really eye opening to find out how reliable God's word really is. I can also use it to influence the people around me, and if they have questions, i have answers!
Ok This Is Jonny Jake Just So You Know My Awnswers Are Moastly Gonna Be Honest.
1.Jonathan Hill
2.7th (Brian Thinks 2nd)
3.June 2nd
4.Pizza/Peaches
5.Spurs,Packers,Astros,Longhorns
6.Lakers,Buckineers,USC
7.Presadent Bush
8.Wilhelm Klink(from Hogans Heroes)
9.the phantom tollbooth it was ok
10.Harty Boys
11.Sonic Riders PS2
12.We are one tonight Switchfoot
13.Either Reliant k or Switchfoot.
14.EB Games
15.when My Sisther Cries For No Apparent Reason! So Annoying!
16.June 2nd!
17.Hogans Heroes
18.Getting to hang out with Friends
19.Getting up early After Brian Keeps me up!
20.Are The Gospels Reliable Is My Favorate Its Just Cool.
Well Thats It I Gotta Go Do School
Just so you know, I'm going for broke, which is going to kill me tonight when I'm doing homework. My sarcastic answer (peeps, if you haven't figured out that I'm extremely sarcastic, you need help) will be parentheses, but since I love surveys, I will answer honestly.
1. Brian Hill (My parents almost named me Kevin, shudder)
2. Junior ( and a Senior, even a Fresh)
3. Oct. 22 (God made me for football)
4. As for ethnic foods, I love Italian, Tex-Mex and BBQ. Specifically I love my strawberry ice cream. (and Aggies for lunch)
5.Texas Longhorns
San Antonio Spurs
Dallas Cowboys
Houston Texans
6.For the longest time, it was the Lakers, but I will never stop hating the Yankees or baseball in general. (Oh, and Jonny only hates the Buc's cause I like them)
7. Hmmm... I can't think of someone specific, so I'll say I'd just like to hang out in Hollywood with the stars (as if they would ever want to hang out with me) just to see how they live and act and see past the fame they hide behind.
8. (Max Power!) Probably something with a Muslim and Eastern European sound like "Mustafa Ronmonavitch"
9. Yes, too many (I've even read "How to read a book" what a waste of time)
10. Besides the Bible (I'm a church Twinkie) it would be "Give Me A Break" by John Stossel.
11. Madden 06 (the real one, not that crap on the 360) and I will beat any challenger.
12. Ummm... Either "Dirty Little Secret" by All American Rejects or "When I Get Where I'm Going" by Brad Paisley.
13. Don't have a favorite. Relient K, Switchfoot, Brad Paisley, Alan Jackson. (Why don't we have a most hated group? Mine would have to be the Dixie Chicks, Guen Stefani, or Pussycat Dolls)
14. Have to be Best Buy.
15. Biting a sore in your mouth, not because of the pain, but because you know you just made it worse and it's not going to heal.
16. I'll just say Oct. 22. Somewhat for my birthday, but mostly for the heart of football season and finally some cool weather.
17. I don't watch a lot of TV, but the Office, (I watched it from the beginning) King of the Hill, and The Simpsons. (Lost Sucks by the way)
18. (The drugs) Having real relationships with real people in a church you've been apart of and participated in.
19. (going home, lol) That the guys don't have a room of our own. You took my office Jake!
20. "Are the Gospels Reliable?" cause I got to be apart of it and I love historical facts.
I'm out, I'll pick up the cash on Sunday.
-Brian
1.Lydia Marie Hill
2.10th
3.July 15th (always during BYBCs)
4.steak, strawberries, mint chocolatechip ice cream.(and candy!)
5.Longhorns, Spurs, Miami Dolphins(loved them since I was a kid), Astros.
6.Lakers, Yankees, Oklahoma(college football)
7.Jesus (and I will) or Jim Llovle (Appolo 13)
8.Grace
9.Yes, I love to read.(my sister however starts books and then stops reading them. She has like 100.)
10.that's a hard one, I guess Lord of the Rings. (but I didn't read it until after the movie)
11.Those games are boring! I like swimming better!!!
12.Amazing Grace
13.Brad Paisley (Country Rules)
14.Wal Mart (I guess. actually the mall would prabably be better.)
15.Jonathan Hill, when he gets hyper. (sometimes he acts like a little kid and talks wierd. One time he started sitting on my lap. Beware!)
16.Whenever school ends(time to go swimming, sleep late, watch movies, and NO HOMEWORK!)
17.Hogans heroes, the Office, I Love Lucy. (things like that, movies are better)
18.The worship songs, friends (basically a family), being able to grow spiritually, and just having fun.
19.Staying late when my parents are practicing skits for little kids.
20.Unwraping Jesus, because I had a better relationship with Him afterward. (the wrapping presents game and movie clips were cool too.
1.Taylor
2.7th Grade
3.May 11,
4.Chicken (any kind)
5.Texas Longhorns, Washington 6.Redskinds
7.Dallas Cowboys,
8.Jake Box
9.Micheal
10.Yes (only three times)
11.360(Need for Speed Most Wanted)
12.Not To Us (Chris Tomplin)
13.David Crowder & TobyMac
14.Best Buy
15.My Brother
16.My Birthday (May 11)
17.News, THE UNIT
18.Being the Pastor's Kid
19.Boring Sermons
20.And You Think You've Got It Bad, because Jake did a really good job at speaking and I learned a lot.
1) Roger
2) I should say "7th" but I have to say "30th"
3) June 29, 1970 (Just for the record.. that is AD!)
4) Chicken casserole
5) The season.. it is the Angels' (my sons undefeated baseball team!)
6) Im so apathetic.. I dont have one. (I cant even say UT!)
7) I would say "The entire Stargate SG1 cast" but, I dont think anyone would know who that is, so... I'm going to say "The audio guys at a Michael W. Smith Concert"
8) Bardud Warmuffin (Unless you see that on old pirated software!)
9) The only book I have read since Highschool would be "The Hunt for Red October."
10) I should say "The Chronicals of Narnia" to make me sound more literate... But, I have to say "The Hunt for Red October". (Thats why I read it!)
11) I should say "Lode Runner".. but since no one will know what that is.. I must say "DOOM2" (which probably no one knows either) so.. Age of Empires II.
12) I'm never alone... too many voices join me in my head.
13) STRYPER.
14) Best Buy.
15) I should say "Cats" but people wont like that.. so I'll say "People that pronounce the 'Book of Revelation' as the 'Book of Revelations'." Its ONE Revelation!
16) In no particular order March 4th, June 7th, June 12th, July 8th.
17) Dukes of Hazzard!
18) My Discussion Group on Sunday morning.
19) Going to big church!
20) Are the Gospels Reliable.
1. Jonathan Baker
2. 7th
3. 3/8/93
4. Bread
5. Aggies/Cowboys
6. UT, because they aren't Aggies!
7. God/Jesus/Holy Spirit
8. Bobby
9. Duh, I'm a nerd
10. Eldest/Eragon
11. Fight Night Round Three
12.A song I made up called "Save The Frogs"
13. WYLDE BUNCH
14. Game Stop
15. Failing at things
16. Blazer Tag All Nighter (at which Jake was the best of coarse)
17. Rippley's Believe It Or Not
18. Seeing Jake =)
19. When Jake isn't there =(
20. Are the Gospels reliable, because I have always wanted some proof
Jake is the best and no one else can overcome him at anything!!
Oh the shear controversy. But in the end, I give my applause to Faith, for she really did have the best survey, even if I did hold a landslide vote on the poll. Oh well, congratulations young Ms. Franklin.
Post a Comment