Monday, March 27, 2006
My March Madness
I am torn. This years tournament has been absolutely amazing. There has been so many close games that went down to the wire, so many buzzer beaters, a great Cinderella story (the last shall be first) and some incredible heroics. In one way this has deffinetly been my favorite tournament ever. And yet, it is also proving to be my most embarrassing. As I write Krista leads the entire youth group, including me, in the March Madness Bracket challenge. In fact she is killing me. My sweet wife who before this tournament knew absolutely nothing about college basketball and was happy about that fact has managed to make a mockery out of my bracket. As far as I am concerned she is this years biggest Cinderella Story and she is leaving me feeling like a wicked stepsister. Amazing.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Oh Jake, don't be embarrassed. Girls have beaten guys in the Madness since the dawn of bracketology. Now I myself cannot hold a nickel next to anyone seeing as how not one of my final four picks advanced to Indy...for that, I hold my head in shame. But through all the dispair, I can't help but be uplifted by the fact that George Mason beat the dreaded UConn Huskies...Perhaps, there is a silver lining after all. If you wanna see my incredibly deep thoughts on football, check my blog out on Myspace.
-Sean
Jake, don't be discouraged. It was a bad year for many people, myself included. I suffered right around the part where the tournament started. And so what if Krista is humiliating you; girls have been doing that to guys since the dawn of bracketology. However, even through my sorrows taking the shape of Texas, I have found the silver lining after all in the hopes of George Mason...who knew? All I can say is, miracles happen-that's what the Madness is about. So those are my brief thoughts, and oh yes, if you wish to, you may read my other sports and non-sport related blogs on Myspace. http://blog.myspace.com/21351990
-Sean
Jake! I was thinking we could make a big deal out of this on Sun. Show the top three, have a drum roll, award Krista. (Still think it was an inside job) If anyone should be embarrassed, it should be me. I had a horrible bracket this year. I think Texas was my only correct sweet 16 pick. sigh... But of course, everyone else didn't do so hot either. Only six people were able to pick just one Final Four team, and no one picked the champion. Maybe we could still announce the boys and girls averages on Sun. Least I don't cry like Adam Morrison.
later -Brian
Jake Just So You Know This Comment Has Nothing To Do With March Madness.I Just Think That You NEED to Get A new Poll Up And Going I Mean The Current One Is From Christmas!!! Anyways Here Are Some Suggestions. What Do You Like Most About Easter, Who Do You Think Will Win The Next Youth FootBall Game, I Mean The Possibilities Are Endless Till Next Time -Jonny
P.S. Anonymous We all Know Who You Are You Signed Your Name At The End Of Each Comment Just Somthing To Think About The Next Time.
Post a Comment