What's the Youth Pastor Thinking?

A blog for two14 Student Minstries Southwest

Tuesday, January 24, 2006

What I think about Blogging

To tell you the truth, I am not much of a fan of the whole blogging craze. I mean, it seems that everyone has decided that it is ok for everyone else to read their own personal diaries. So they post them on the web for everyone to see and read and that is it. I don't get it. But, you might say, "Jake you raving hypocrite, Mr. youth pastor blogger." If you were to say that I would have to laugh and agree. But let me explain. I only have a blog so we can talk about whatever I post about. If you are not replying to the post then I become the dreaded blogger I dislike so much. But if you post back on whatever topic I write on then I am happy and you will be too. So really what I am saying is help me not become the lone diary blogger. Help me by replying to my blog so I can post it on the site. Then my blogging will be less of me and more of you. And that makes me a non hypocritical happy youth pastor. So, my good friends, do you agree with my assessment or not? What do you think? Will you help me out or leave me to wallow in my despair? It is up to you...

Jake (the non diary like blogger guy hopefully)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Okay- so I definately agree. I don't understand the whole community of bloggers who just retell their entire lives for everyone to read (but who does even reads those?). Well, you might be saying, "Colin, you raving hypocrite!", but honestly, I'm not that kind of blogger. See, I do hope that people will read my entries and respond by asking questions, giving feedback, and even the "You're an idiot for believing that". In conclusion I'd say that you brought up some good points, especially the fact that there is no point in having a blog unless people comment!