Okay, I am going to go out on a limb here and make a prediction about the big game. I'm thinking Seattle has been over looked all season and it seems with all of the hype for the Steelers and Jerome Bettis that the Hawks are getting over looked again. I don't see them not winning it to be honest. Alexander is a beast and Hasselback has been automatic lately. I know the Steelers defense is stout, but the Seahawks defense has been a push over either. I am going to say that the game starts off as a defensive struggle, but by the 2nd quarter the offenses will turn it on. I am thinking by half time the score will be 14-10 Seahawks. Out of halftime the coaches will make their adjustments and again the game will lean towards the defense. I am thinking Big Ben is good one at least one pick and the Hawks score on defense. So by the end of the third quarter I can see it being Hawks 24 Steelers 13. The final quarter will be exciting, but I don't see the Hawks ever letting the Steelers get the lead. I will call the final score Hawks 31 Steelers 27. So there, that is what I think...what do you think? Oh, by the way, if you write in on this blog and predict the actual final score with the right team winning then I will buy you a $15 gift certificate to Best Buy and take you out to lunch. So, let the guesses begin...
-Jake
Tuesday, January 31, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Well- very in depth guesses Jake. I'm not much on football, don't watch it and don't keep up with it, so I won't be making any guesses. But, let's just say I hope your right... I guess. Anyway, I'll see you on sunday and we can answer that question of who will win... Steelers or Seahawks?
Sigh, I was just going to sit back and watch the game(while kicking everyone's butt at Madden) but I can't refuse a challenge. I'm sure you've put everyone else to sleep with this in-depth analysis, so i'm gonna take another rout. Besides the obvious "the team with the fewest turnovers and penalties will win," or "defense wins championships", my input is minimal. I've liked both teams, players, and coaches for the longest time and I can't pick between them. So here's my "purely by chance" prediction-
1st. 10-3 PIT
2nd. 20-10 PIT
3rd. 27-20 PIT
Final 41-27 PIT
I'm gonna need a bigger wallet to hold all these gift certificates, and that lunch thing... well.
Later -Brian
Jake,
The limb you went out on is not strong enough to hold the weight of you and Hasselbeck combined.
Sorry, the Steel curtain will rise again. I predict a close first half, maybe 7-3 Pittsburg. The second half will find some separation though. You're probably right that Roethlisberger is good for a pick, maybe 2. But, the college-QB-turned-wide-receiver is bound to be good for atleast one trick reverse play which will end up in a Hines Ward touchdown. I predict 21-10 Pittsburg.
Brunsonator.
Post a Comment