What's the Youth Pastor Thinking?

A blog for two14 Student Minstries Southwest

Monday, April 02, 2007

Where & When

I thought Sunday went well. I hated not getting to be up there with everyone the entire time, but getting to lead the church in communion was very cool. Unfortunately though, I didn't get to hear the band or participate in the whole "Rent-A-Date" thing. So I need y'all to tell me how that went.

I heard Faith was a cool addition. The band is awesome. I am loving that.

I had a great time teaching, but I had so much to get across I know I talked really fast. I think that stuff we covered is really important though. I hope it made sense and some of that stuck. I know I said a lot, I hope you can remember some of it.

To rehash for a second, the key points were: As believers we need look to date only other believers and not only that but committed believers with good reputations. The other key point was that when it comes to when you should begin dating it is a stage not an age. I hope you found those four tests helpful. I really encourage you to spend some time thinking through those and hearing what God has to say to you through them.

That is what I thought about Sunday. Now it is your turn. Let me know because knowing is half the battle...

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

The band is always awesome! But I must say I am upset that Jason didn't rap for us. He has to do it sometime soon though, in addition to some NBB! I feel sorry for you Jason. You made the mistake of agreeing to do a song with no idea what you were in for.

I love the soundboard power. While back there I am able to put on the headphones and single out one instrument or voice. But if Faith had known that, things would not be well in techie land. All I can say is- give her a Kudo point!

The series is going great, even with the overages Box. I must complain about the prices you set on the Rent-a-date thing though.

Anonymous said...

Jake, I wish I was there, I would really like to listen to it sometime. Yes, I heard that the band was pretty cool, and I missed u doing the communion? Darn! Oh well, see you on Wed.

faith said...

Colin, what exactly are you trying to say? I don't understand what you mean...why do I deserve a kudo?

Anonymous said...

Oh, I agree about the prices you set on the rent a date thing too... they were outrageously low.

Roger said...

Jake, Sunday was a blast... Very cool music! And yeah Colin, I love running sound. Its amazing what you learn about people.

As far as the Rent-a-date... I thouhgt the budget was too low... If I woulda known that Caty coulda played the guitar for $2... I woulda saved up extra!

Very good... I hope that the students really do learn something. It will sure help them!

Anonymous said...

Is it illegal to double up on some of the rent-a-date factors?

Krista said...

nope, that is a part of the trick.