Easter Sunday was great. It is always one my favorite Sundays out the entire year. This year it was even better than usual because Baker, Josh and AJ were all in ties and Sean was looking snazzy in a suit. Amazing. I think AJ won though because he somehow pulled off a Sponge Bob tie without even getting much attention drawn to it. That says something about a man.
As for The Gathering I had a great time. For me, Easter just makes everything even more meaningful and special. I loved the band as usual, but I thought that they sounded better than ever. You could tell Jason was having a great time with the guitar and drum solos. It think he is an awesome worship leader. He keeps things fun and moving and yet at the same time he does a great job keeping us focused on God and he helps us see exactly why we are singing what we are singing. I love that.
As for the series, I am looking forward to the next four weeks. Two weeks on talking about what a young man of God is to look like and then two weeks on what a young woman of God looks like. That should be a lot of fun. I don't know about you, but I always liked hearing what the girls were supposed to be like. It helped me see what I was to be looking for and it was not near as convicting because it was all geared towards them and not me. So, girls enjoy these next two weeks and then guys look forward to getting to enjoy the two weeks focused on the girls.
My biggest encouragement to all of y'all as we spend time talking about what a man or woman of God is to look like is to remember that the stuff I am talking about is impossible to just "muster up" on your own. You must remember that it is only by God's grace and by His power that these things can be true of you. So like I said at the end of the talk, let these talks drive you to God for grace and power. Let it cause you to become more dependent on Him and let Him develop His character in you. Because when that happens then you will be the Right One. And that is a very good thing.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Yeah, I'm still stinging from the whole self-control thing. I think that all the guys in our youthgroup (me included) deserve all we're getting, last week, and for the next two weeks. It ain't easy being a young man, I tell ya!
I wear suits too often, don't expect me to come in with one much.
Post a Comment