What's the Youth Pastor Thinking?

A blog for two14 Student Minstries Southwest

Monday, October 23, 2006

My Apologies and other thoughts

So this Sunday I failed to announce the winner of The Greatest Story Ever Contest. The reason I negated crowing a winner was because I simply have not been able to decide which story I like the best. I mean come on, there have been a lot of good stories told. Three by me alone. So this is the deal. First of all, I am extending the contest for one more week so that everyone has one more chance to impress me. Unless of course you have already written three entries for that is the allotted quota. Secondly, I am asking you to tell me which story you have liked the best. Just reply right here to this post and tell me which story you think deserves to win and in two to three sentences why you think that is the best story. I will consider what you have to say and be prepared to crown a victor by next Sunday. I promise.

Having said that I must say that having a band on Sunday was super sweet. I can't wait until that is a regular occurrence. Hopefully it will be sooner than later. (Hurry up Sean and learn how to play the guitar.) I think Jason deserves a special shout out for all he has done to lead us to worship our awesome God. I really look forward to worshipping along with him and all of y'all each Sunday. It is pretty much awesome. I also think long haired Jake deserves a mention for his dual participation on Sunday. Playing bass and staring in the skit all in one morning is a tough job for anyone. He pulled it off well.

Another thing of note was that Sunday was Brian's 18th birthday which makes him the first eligible student to enter into the honor points game. I cunned him out of his first two points by singing his part in the All About Me skit and I have to say it felt pretty good. I will soon overtake him in points and make him feel like the rookie that he is. But even as a rookie he is much cooler than anyone else because he now has access to his honor which no other student can claim. I look forward to partnering with Brian to make all of you other students wish you could handle your honor like we can.

Before I bring this post to a close I must mention that this Wednesday is my beautiful bride's birthday. I do wonder what student will impress me the most by how they bless Krista on that day. Seeing that we have such an awesome youth group my expectations are high. I think if someone were to come all dressed up and sing a solo of a song they wrote for Krista that might just be the coolest thing ever. No pressure, just saying.

All right. That is what I have been thinking about lately. Shoot me some feedback on what story deserves to win it all. I need help here people. Don't let me down.

Jake

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Let's see if Jake's actually using his blog approval screening process by saying something totally inappropriate and seeing if it makes its way onto the comments...

Brian is now the first in the youth group eligible to buy cigarettes, vote, and shoot stuff for the government. Yes, that's right, old enough to die for the country, but not quite old enough to die whilst drinking alcoholic beverages...that's in 3 more years.

Yay for tobacco and alcohol!!!

Jake said...

I think that Colin's "I walked with Penguins" story is pretty cool. It had action, drama, comic flair, and it was all real. That one should win

Anonymous said...

Yes, a Kudos! Isn't that the fresh maker? Err, uhh, was that Mentos!? I can't remember.

Jake,
You need to pick just ONE of your own stories to go on the website poll. Let me know which one you're willing to pit against mine!

Anonymous said...

Well, I'm going to think on the stories and read through them again before I pick. Other than that, Jake totally rocked in both things, and kudos to Jason for all the awesome stuff in this youth group. Happy birthday to Krista, and I think that covers everything from this post. Cool, well I'm looking forward to the murder mystery coming up, sounds like it could be the most awesome thing ever!

Anonymous said...

Yes, Honor Points. I've commented on that on my little blog. And I just might enter a story of my own.