What's the Youth Pastor Thinking?

A blog for two14 Student Minstries Southwest

Monday, February 06, 2006

The Super Bowl Party

I hope everyone had a good time at the party. I thought it was a lot of fun, but I thought the game didn't live up to the expectations. It rarely does though. At least the Steelers pulled it out. So, I was thinking that y'all could give me some feedback on the party. Did you like it? What did you like about it? What didn't you like? What do you wish we had done or not done? Was it hard to get friends to come because there were competing parties? Would you like to do another one next year? Give me some feedback so I can know how to make things better. Overall I thought it was fun, but it can always get better...like having the Dallas Cowboys in it next year. I am going to see what I can do about that for next year. So shoot me some feedback and if you don't want me to post it then just say you don't want it posted and I will oblige. Thanks for you help...

Jake

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey- I thought the whole thing was great. It was the best thing I've done in a while. Madden was great, and next time I'll know to bring my Playstation too so the time is a little more fair. As far as getting friends to come, most of them couldn't because they had to go to somewhere else for the Super Bowl. The other thing is that my Mormon friend can't do anything like that on Sundays, so Super Bowl parties don't work for him. The game was kind of a letdown, so were the commercials, but it was still fun and we have to have one next year. I'll see you later.

Anonymous said...

Yo yo, in total agreement with Colin, it was a great party. The attendance was lacking a bit but I didn't mind. The tournament could have used some more organization to get it done in time but I realize that was only your feeble attempt to delay the inevitable. Anytime! Anywhere! Bring It Jake! You know your going down! (hint hint, trying to build up this game guys) I think this is one of the first times in a long time i've paid little attention to the game, and even less to the commercials. As for next year, Cowboys vs. Texans! All Texas Super Bowl! Yehaw!
-Brian

Anonymous said...

Yea Yea Yea the super bowl party was great but the REAL game I mean jr high vs High shool was incredable 3 to 2 we have now won three games two of them in a row. I hope the next outreach is the same or better than the super bowl party but I cant wait to do the rap in front of youth in three weeks josh you better not let us down.