Yesterday after church on our way to go meet my parents and my lovely sister Kaley for lunch Krista and I were talking about Summary Sunday. She said that she really enjoyed getting to hear from the students and she think that y'all get a lot out of it when you get to hear from one of your peers. I wasn't so convinced. Sure I love getting to hear from y'all too, but I am not sure that the whole idea of Summary Sunday has ever really taken off. I mean, I am not sure y'all really like it and if it serves its purpose. My hope in creating it was to give y'all the opportunity to share what God was doing in your lives as you sought to apply what you had been learning. Do y'all think that is happening?
I guess what I am asking is, do you think Summary Sunday should go? I would love to hear your input.
On a side note: Thanks Stan for filling in for Jason this week. You playing the guitar made your hair and beard look even cooler. There was even a moment when I found myself thinking that when I grow up I want to be just like you.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Tell me Jake, what's with the pessimistic attitude? Are you looking for something else from Summary Sunday? I personally like to hear somebody else besides you (not meant to be a dig) speak on their experience with the subject. (As long as we don't talk for 15 minutes right?) I think its good to give the discussion groups time to "wrap up" the series. It's something different for Sunday morning.
I agree. I think it's a great way to wrap up a series. Hearing from my peers is cool, the extended 'dicus' time is nice, and, of course, not hearing from you. But Brian already hit on that subject.
Post a Comment