What's the Youth Pastor Thinking?

A blog for two14 Student Minstries Southwest

Tuesday, March 27, 2007

Before You Say I Do

I thought this weekend was a blast. I hope you did too.

So we kicked-off the new series on Sunday. I am interested in hearing what y'all thought. I think we are going to have a lot of fun with this topic. I am about to read your surveys and I must admit I am very interested in what you wrote down.

Here are a few of my other thoughts about Sunday:

+ It was great to have Jason back. The band sounded better than they ever had before. I am already screaming encore. I love worshipping along with those guys.

+ The new look of the room makes me happy. I like it a lot...not as much as I love Krista but still a whole lot. I hope you like the room too. Smiles all around.

+ I think the series started off well. I enjoyed talking about it...a little too much because I went long again. I hope you hung in there with me. You have to give me a break though because I hadn't slept that weekend. Next week will be really good. Now that you know what the topic will be like you ought to invite your friends.

So those are my thoughts. I would love to hear yours.

See you all on Wednesday.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love the new room. It is so much more open and so much better for the techies. That is a good thing because it means we can make Jason almost sound good!

I'm just kidding though, because the band rocked. I wish we could have them all the time, as long as that hippie isn't always up there (sorry Jake). Maybe we should be the first band to feature two bassists both named Jake.

This series is going to be awesome. I can't wait to group and talk about it too. Maybe Jake Franklin will see the light about the whole marriage thing (sorry Jake, cheap shots).

Jake said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Jonathan said...

I am debating on what to say seeing as I don't know whos reads this.

Jake said...

I was reading over my previous comment and saw some typos, so I deleted it and revised my thoughts. I know it's just a comment, but I think I have OCD. Here is the revised comment:

Ouch, ah, oof. Sorry, I'm still smarting from those stinging comments, Colin.

I really like the new series Jake. I'm serious. I was reading through the 'hand out' (more like a text book) and I found that part in the back where it is comparing the Real Thing with the Fairy Tale, and saw this:

The Real Thing: focuses on being the right one.

The Fairy Tale: focuses on finding the right one.

Part of what I want to get out of this series is knowing how to be the right one. I'll let God worry about finding the right one. I can't wait to hear the rest of the series.

Anonymous said...

Personally, I like this section so far, but I have to say, that the next section with having to buy a date with 25 $ can't be done.... Anyway...