So Valentines Day is swiftly approaching. And I find myself thinking about what I am going to do to show Krista that I love her more this year than last year. And to be honest, that is not going to be an easy task. For last year I did well. Not that I am here to brag, but I did do a great job last year. I showed up at her school with flowers for her and valentines for her kids. After school I told her that we had reservations at the Melting Pot and then we were spending the night at the Renaissance hotel. I told her I had packed her things for the night and that we were to go check in to the hotel and then head to dinner. I also made sure that we had time to do a little shopping before dinner so she could buy something new to wear for the evening. Once she had picked out what she wanted and had changed we headed off to dinner. It was a great night. She said it was the best Valentines Day she had ever had. And that brings me to my dilemma. A dilemma so strong that it has moved me to write a sonnet...
An ode to Valentines Day...
Oh Valentines Day
Oh Valentines Day
You bring more pressure
than any other holiday.
Oh Valentines Day
Oh Valentines Day
A romantic idea
need come my way.
Oh Valentines Day
Oh Valentines Day
I must do something
to hear my wife say...
Oh Valentines Day!
Oh Valentines Day!
My husband loves me
more today than yesterday!
Yes, the pressure is great, but I will not let it do me in. No my friends. This year will top last year. This year's love will prevail, for I have a plan. But I dare not tell you what it is for I know you would try to ruin it. And I will not have it ruined. So you must wait until Thursday when I will post again and let you know if my Valentines plan succeeded or if it fell short. However, until then you are free to make guesses on what I may be doing for Krista on Wednesday. If someone miraculously does guess what I have planned then I will designate an entire blog to their greatness and I will take them and one of their friends to lunch. So guess away my friends, guess away until... Valentines Day.
Monday, February 12, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
7 comments:
I don't think anyone cares about your holiday predicament. Don't shoot the messenger.
I definitely care...as I am in the same boat. I would post my plan as well, but there's like 1 chance in a million that Beth might actually find out. She never reads this stuff and nobody will see her before Saturday night (the only available time for my master plan), but even still, I'm not going to take any chances.
Box, I'm sure you have something great. I know that you are crazy in love with Krista and I know first-hand how that brings out the best in us guys. It's cool that our love makes us more creative. Sure, there's a lot of pressure, but it's all worth it to show the loves of our lives that we care.
Good luck Box, sure it will be great. I will take one guess though, are you going to write her a song? Women love songs, or so I've been told...
Hopefully it's not that sonnet though, it sounded like it could be played to "Oh Christmas Tree."
Heehee, once again, good luck. Oh, and I will shoot Brian for you if you want.
Sure Box could write a song...as long as it's not him singing it. I suggest popping some bling in a nice little box and taking her out to a nice dinner and if it wasn't so cold I you could take her to a place out in the country to look at the stars and thank our Heavenly Father she's with you. That's what you should do.
Minus the incredible pessismist and apathetic Brian those were great replies. But both guesses were wrong. Check out my new blog to see how it all went down.
Apathy yes, pessimism no. Did anyone see "Don't shoot the messenger?" I feel like the V Day goat.
Yes, Brian, I did see the "don't shoot the messenger" thing, but you told BOX not to shoot the messenger. That still means he can hire someone to shoot you...
Post a Comment