It's Monday and that means it's time to blog. So, I've been sitting at my desk trying to figure out what I have been thinking about. Sure the usual stuff popped in my head: Krista, Dallas winning, good music and of course Christmas. And all of those topics are great and very blog worthy, especially Krista and Dallas winning, but they just weren't what I was looking for. And then it hit me. What I have really been thinking about is something that I can't write about.
The reason I can't write about it isn't because it is bad or inappropriate. The reason I can't write about it isn't because it doesn't exist or is incommunicable. The reason I can't write about it isn't even because I don't have the time or the space in this blog. No, the reason I can't write about what I have been thinking about is because I have been thinking about something that I don't know about.
Let me cut to the chase. The thing I have been thinking about is the conversations I have been praying you have been having with the people in your spheres of influence about Christ. I have been thinking a lot about y'all and if you have been given opportunities to talk to people about the true meaning of Christmas. I have been wondering if you have been given the chance and you backed out right when you knew you should say something or if you have made opportunities with your friends and followed thru. I have been thinking about the three people's names you wrote down three weeks ago and about how many of them have heard you equate Christmas to Christ. I have been thinking about these things not knowing if they are happening or not happening, if you have been really trying or not trying and if you need help or if you have it all under control. And because I have so many questions about what I have been thinking about I figured that I would let you help me out.
So, this week's blog is more of a bulletin board for you to leave updates on about the progress you are making in reaching your spheres of influence with the gospel. What you need to do is let me know if you aren't having any luck and why. Or, let me know the great stories that are taking place because you are faithfully and boldly taking advantage of opportunities God is placing before you. Let me know what your friend's reactions are when you talk to them about this. Let me know everything. Let me know if you backed out or if you got cut off or if you forgot or if you remembered and your friend was sick that day. Let me know so I can pray for you and encourage you and so I can know what I've been thinking about.
All you need to do is reply to this post every time you have a conversation or try to have a conversation or when you chickened out of a conversation or when you got interrupted when you were trying to have a conversation or whatever. Just post it and that will be great. This way you can also see how everyone else is doing and what God is doing thru them. So post away and let me know what i have been thinking about.
Monday, December 04, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
9 comments:
Wow. This is the longest one of my blogs has ever gone without a comment. I wonder if y'all are feeling convicted?
Well I will be the first to say that I had a spiritual conversation today! It was really cool. I was talking to Cody and I asked him where he thought he would go when he died. He said he would go nowhere and for me to shut up (he said some other things but I will spare you the words and details...). I then kept asking him and we got in a spirited discussion about how I could prove that God was real. I told him because the Bible said so. He said that wasn't true either. I told him some reasons why it was and he said they could have been lying. I told him that whay would anyone die for something not true and he tried to make up an excuse but it didn't work. He ended up saying something like he need pictures or some really ######## evidence or else he would never believe it. I also talked to Aaron about God and I found out he was Catholic. I asked him many times how he believed he would go to heaven but he kept changing the subject. I just thought I would tell ya'll that I was actually able to do that and I wanted to have some good info about proving the Bible and God real and true for the next time. Thanks! Later!!
I have no idea why it blocked out that word but it meant to say just some really ture evidence. That is weird. Later!!
I am going to comment soon. I'll be honest, this was convicting. But I am waiting to see what happens with an email conversation to comment!
I hung out with Austyn today, but it wasn't for very long. I was trying to figuer out how to bring it up, but found it pretty hard, just because I don't think it's that big of a deal for him. It's frustrating because I can't hang out with him until after 6 because he gets home from school about 5:30 and eats supper around that time, and then he goes over to another friends house sometimes. I just don't have that much time to spend with him. I'm going to ask him if he wants to go to church this week, if I get to hang out with him again. If you could pray for me to prioritize hanging out with him, and also just that I would get the chance to hang out with him and that I would be able to bring up Christmas and also the Scanvanger hunt on the 16th, that would be great.
So there is this guy named Baxter that I have told you about. He is jewish. I started up a conversation about Jesus, but we were interrupted, whish was a letdown. So I worked up the boldness to call him, and I got an easy out because he said he wanted to send me an email about it. So he did. Basically, he said he thought Jesus was a great Jewish teacher but not the Messiah. So I answered with the argument as laid down in more than a carpenter. Then he replied pretty much saying Jesus was just one of many who claimed to be the messiah, and said some other stuff that showed he's never really heard the argument for Christianity. So I replied, and pretty much shared the gospel with him, going through the story of the Bible. It's cool that he will talk to me about this stuff. He seems pretty rooted in Judaism but just doesn't have the facts on Christianity. I used the argument of fulfilled prophesy, Jake, and told him he should read the New Testament for homself. So we'll see where this goes. But I am extremely encouraged, just that I am even planting a seed! God is so cool. There you go, I commented.
Jonathan, I've got some good proof for you...3 things...remind me to tell you in person.
Will do Jason....I guess...
I had a phone conversation with my friend Ashley who lives in Houston (she came to the Dodgeball outreach). She was asking what Stan preached about last Sunday, so I told her about it, and that the whole series was about the truths of Christmas. It also was left a little open ended, so I am working on following up with her to see what she really thinks about all of it, and if she believes that it is true. I'll keep you posted...
Lindsey
Post a Comment