What's the Youth Pastor Thinking?

A blog for two14 Student Minstries Southwest

Monday, October 02, 2006

Great Stories

So, I don't know if any of y'all will go along with me on this one, but if you do it could be pretty fun.

I say that since we are starting The Story of His Glory, the greatest story ever told, we should stick with that theme and tell some great stories here on this blog, or even on your own blogs. Seeing that we all love a great story it could be pretty fun and I would even be willing to put a poll up to see who has the best story and the winner would get a prize (15 bucks to either Target or Best Buy) So what do you say?

I say that we better lay out some rules:
1. You may submit up to 3 stories, but no more than that.
2. You may post your stories as a reply to this posting or on your own blog, just indicate that it is an official submission into the Great Stories contest
3. The stories can either be true or fictional, they can be about you or about someone else and they can have a spiritual tie in or be about nothing important at all.
4. The poll will be posted for voting on the best stories as soon as we have a good number of submissions. The poll will continue to change as the submissions pour in, and I do expect to see them pour in.
5. The final rule is to not get your hopes up because there is no way in the world you will ever beat any of my stories. (And yes I did just do some story smack talking.)

Having laid out the rules I now say let story time begin...

9 comments:

internetjason said...

hey jake, i can make a seperate page on www.two14sw.com and put the top 10 stories there and have the voting take place there.

internetjason said...

Hmm...nice cop-out by the way. Couldn't think of anything good to write so you just made up a contest. Is $15 really worth it!?

internetjason said...

OK people, my first entry is on my blog...and you aint gonna beat it! Go bring on your comments and trash talk.

Don't worry though, I won't accept the $15, I'll give it to whoever gets 2nd place...unless it's Jake Box, then I'll keep it.

faith said...

Thank you, Jake, for playing so neverendingly to every fiber of not only creativity yet also competitivity in my and everyone elses beings.

One question remains, though.

where DOES all this money come from?!

Hahahahaha. just wait for it.

Seanzy said...

Sean Richards-Story 1

So check it out, it was the end of freshman year and I had been going a while without falling for anyone, for the time that was impressive you can be sure. Anyways there in my english class there was this cute girl, who shall remain anonymous, and for some reason because of the banquet (Story #2) I had gotten to know a little more formally.

She was friendly and smart, very pretty, and I was being very flirty (I know, I know, it's hard to believe!). So each day I'd talk to her a little more, and so on and so forth. Well one day we had this class ballot of different titles to give to classmates such as "Drama Queen", or "Most friendly". But the one that got me was "Most Dateable". Well you know who I put down, but the big news was that I learned how she had put my name down for that exact same spot as well.

My heart skipped....



.....Really fast.

Anyways, I made the mistake of telling a less reliable source and that source happened to be a 'Silver Star' with my love-interest. To cut to the point, she told my crush and that was bad, 'cause I hate it when other people tell before I get to do it myself. The good news is that my crush responded with a blush and a smile. The bad news, I had to keep it from being awkward.

So here's the conclusion of the story: When I had heard that she smiled upon hearing my secret, I was very optimistic. I had a swagger in my step that day to english, and nothing would break me....Well, almost nothing.

As I was walking to class I saw my crush in the arms of another guy and wanted to pretty much die at that moment. Most of you have never been fortunate enough to see me embarrassed for I'm rather to stupid most of the time to notice/care, but that was pretty much the Superbowl of anguish right there before 8th period.

Looking back I laugh at it. The girl eventually broke up with the guy and me and her are friends-and I have no intentions of dating her. But it was funny, and makes for a good story. First of 3. Now in the words of Captian Jack Sparrow: "Top that!"

Anonymous said...

Hey, hey, hey! I have my first (and probably only) entry for the contest posted on my blog! I'm afraid to say that I beat everybody...

Jake said...

Man, I feel like my stories are all either burnt out, or don't exist...this could be a problem...

Mr. Sunshine said...

Hmm... I face an anomaly
if I publish a post I will
undoubtedly win but on the other hand
to get the money I will have to reveal my secret identity hmmm.....
a truly perplexing situation....

Anonymous said...

That's alright Sunshine, I can always pick it up for you. If you're not careful though I may just keep it because as of I now that gift card is mine!