What's the Youth Pastor Thinking?

A blog for two14 Student Minstries Southwest

Friday, September 08, 2006

Colin

The second blog of the week, I never thought I'd let myself get to this point. But here I am. And it is all because of one man, Colin Hemphill.

I thought nothing and I mean nothing could but a damper on this week. A get-away weekend with Krista in San Antonio, Brian Regan and the beginning of football season. Like I said it is as if God was taking a picture of Heaven and right when He said "say cheese" I looked up at the sky and there Heaven was smiling down on me. But then Wednesday night happened. But then Colin Hemphill happened. And ever since my mind has been on the staggering smack down the sr. highers laid on the jr. highers in the weekly football game. And the main instigator of that smack down was none other than Mr. Sticky Fingers Colin Hemphill. Sure other high school guys had great games too, Sean's one in a million catch at the end of the game off of the tip by Stan and Taylor and Camren's numerous right in the right spot catches or touchdown grabs didn't help. But Colin's grab at the beginning of the game in the endzone on fourth and one was amazing. And then his interception and his second touchdown grab and then his third...it pains me to think thru it again. Oh the pain. It is as if Heaven was still pogo sticking but instead of landing on me like it had been doing it was landing all around me and I got to see it, but not be blessed by it. Instead Colin stole my pogo sticking heavenly bounces.

So, that is what I have been thinking about. I felt like I had to put it into words so that I could move on and get ready to enjoy this weekend. I'll be thinking of you guys while I am laughing so hard it hurts tonight at the Brian Regan show. Hope y'all have a great weekend and I'll see you on Sunday.

7 comments:

Jake said...

I am going to try and say this gently. WE KICKED YOUR JUNIOR HIGH BUTTS!! I stink at football (I prefer to think of myself as "moral support"), but it was still awesome watching the sweetness brought to the street by none other than my good friend Colin Hemphill. Don't worry, you guys did ok. I remember that one good play you guys had...oh, wait no, that was us again. Man, it must stink being you. Ah well, think of it as 'character building'. If that makes you feel better...

Seanzy said...

Dude, Brian Regan was so awesome. Good times, good times. But let me see, this is truely a dawn of a new era. One in which the Sr. High's roster holds threats in every position. Not one man, except maybe Dykoff (however it's spelled) can be taken for granted. You Jr. Highers have basked in your one-victory glory enough and the tide has returned to restore the balance. It couldn't have been scripted better than Colin and the Paiga boys (white equivelant and offensive version of the Griffing boys) playing hardcore football. I'm sorry Jake but you can't select "ASK MADDEN" anymore, this is REAL football.

Jonathan said...

It was your fault we lost Jake!!!jk. But I think that Colin used his expert skills and calculated exactly where they were going to throw it a play in advance, then he calculatedwhere to put his hands to catch the ball. Finally he calculated where to run and avoid the defense which was perfect.

faith said...

Wow Jake, I just gotta say it - you have issues. I'm glad you're trying to work thru them, bet really, pogosticking? and I think that is is pretty much fair game that jr high won one week and sr high the next. maybe this is just one of those wacko guy things that I will never understand because it is so wacko...

Jonathan said...

It is the older guys trying to be macho nut failing.

Anonymous said...

I still think we just let them have the first victory of the season so we could come crashing back down on them. See, by giving them the first, the Jr. High at least feels special breifly, and it makes it so that they're not demoralized for the rest of the year. That way they at least want to play. It's all part of the plan. Anyways, thanks for the post Jake, I'm not sure why I did so well at the game. Maybe it's the contacts, maybe it was luck. Whatever it was, it sure was a lot of fun beating ya'll.

Anonymous said...

Hmm... last weeks game was quite sad however. It was like us 12 guys against 5 or so little junior highers and we almost lost. Of course we can throw around excuses like "there were too many guys" or "it was overcrowded" but regardless they all sound pretty lame and make us look bad.

-Colin