What's the Youth Pastor Thinking?

A blog for two14 Student Minstries Southwest

Tuesday, November 15, 2005

Random Thoughts

Hey y'all,

So I'm pretty excited about having a youth room all to ourselves. I've been thinking a lot about how cool that is going to be. No more flying Harry Potter hanging from the ceiling and no more books everywhere and no more school hallway or school anything for that matter. That is going to be nice. God has really provided for us. Saturday night was a blast. I really had fun hanging out with all of y'all. I really like our group. I think God has brought together a great group of students here and I can't wait to see what He does in your life and through your lives in the coming semester. I think big things are just around the corner for us...and I think that is pretty cool. But enough of what I think, what do y 'all think? Write me and I will post it...

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yo, so whats with the "high dive" name. I was crazy over "God's Shoe Box!!" whatever. Still thinking we should have some kind of UT-A&M game party for all avid fans from the church. And Lydia told me the gals would like a steak/bbq party cause they never get one. Less than 2 weeks to go, so everyone let me know. Even if you don't like football it should be fun. Got homework to do. See ya.

Anonymous said...

Okay- so can you explain to me why we're stealing Pflugerville's youth room name??? I was thinking that it was the same as them, but I just confirmed it last night! We TOTALLY can't steal their name!

Krista said...

Colin,
We have taken the name The High Dive for our youth room because it fits our location and our theme. Honestly I was not aware that P-ville's youth room name was The High Dive, until I had already sent off for our banner to be made. I know I should have known, seeing that it is my Dad's church, but I didn't. Anyway, we are not in a competition with them for the coolest room name, the most important thing is to sum up where we are and what we are about. The name The High Dive does both of those well. As King Solomon said, there is nothing new under the sun, that is very true, even when applied to cool youth room names. When it comes down to it, I like that we share the same name because it brings unity to our association. We are in this together which is cool. It is nice to know that there is another church across town that is all about filling the earth with the knowledge of the glory of the Lord as the waters cover the sea. A shared youth name only communicates a shared vision. So there you go. Plus, the same name should help you just feel more at home here in Southwest. :)

Anonymous said...

Yea I think the new rooms gonna be sweet!
It ROCKS tat we have are own room all to ourselvs! Jake we need to practace if we are gonna beat the others at football next week I mean come on 5-0 we NEED a better plan next time.But anyway we NEED
to find somthing to do with that tower out front I dont know what yet but im shure we'll think of somthing good.Anyways I gotta go do stuff see ya on Sunday.

Anonymous said...

Hey I think that the high dive name is fine we just need to do somthing with that tower.Anyways Jake we NEED to do better when it comes to football I mean come on
5-0 we realy NEED a better plan next time.But meanwhile we need to get the 360 soon.WellI gotta go to bed but I'll se you on Sunday Bye.